You want someone who will work closely with you to find exactly what you want! If you are new to the area, a first-time buyer, or someone who is looking to find a new home or investment property, give me a call and we’ll discuss your needs. I will do an extensive search within your parameters and will listen to what YOU want (price, size, neighborhood, etc.). Even if you aren’t sure where to begin, we can start with a broad search and eventually narrow it down.
Don’t be shy about having an agent work for you. As a buyer, you almost never pay for the service (the seller generally pays the all commissions), and there is no reason that you should troll the classifieds alone and waste your valuable time seeing properties that don’t fit your needs. Agents can get so much more information than you can even before setting a foot outside. And you should have representation – someone to stand up for your best interests and help you navigate this complex process.
I am also in the top 1% of all agents in the DC metro area and have been voted Top Agent by Washingtonian magazine since 2015 and Best Agent (out of 101 total in our region) since 2016. While accolades are always nice, what it means is that I have a lot of happy clients because I have worked so hard for them
Browse the Buyers section to learn about the process, different neighborhoods, my services or to start searching for properties!
Understanding the Process
- Connect with me on HomeSnap and download their search app to use while you are out and about. By far, it is the most robust and accurate app out there.
- Search on the Compass site for new homes. Know that I also have a list of coming soon properties, in-house listings that aren’t public and more. It’s worth it to connect with me so I can best help!
About Real Estate Agents
- The Agent’s Responsibilities to You
- Read the real estate agents’ Code of Ethics.
- Understand How Agents Are Paid
- Neighborhood Websites: Demographic Profiles, Walkability Scores, Transportation and Crime Reports
- School Websites
- Read my Blog
- Moving Checklist: A list of the things you need to do after you’ve found your property and before you move.
- Moving Resources
- Trusted Lenders
- Mortgage Calculator
- Renting vs Buying in DC:Renting vs Buying in DC: How much money will you save by buying instead of renting? Interest on your mortgage is tax deductible! Depending on your income tax bracket and purchase price, see how much you could save.
- Loan Amortization Calculator: Use this tool to calculate your interest payments.
- The DC Bond Funding Program
- Home Purchase Assistance Programs
- Think DC residents pay the highest taxes? Think again. The Atlantic CityLab comparison and a great Washington Post article say otherwise. This detailed analysis is interesting for those wanting to delve into the details!
Have a question? Contact me here.