What will I do for you as a buyer? How will I find your dream home or investment?
My responsibilities are:
- To help you decide on the best neighborhood and type of property for your needs – in DC, Virginia and Maryland.
- To search all sources of potential properties – through the actives and coming soon on the multiple listing system (MLS/MRIS), through conversations with other agents about upcoming listings/private sales, in the newspapers, by for sale by owners (FSBOs) and more.
- To research all of the comparable sales in the market to help you determine an appropriate offer for the property in which you are interested.
- To help you get qualified to buy the property you want and to make sure you are positioned to write a competitive and attractive offer. In today’s market, it is more important than ever to become pre-approved by a reputable local lender. I can give you a list of recommended lenders who I know give good service if you need the referral. (Note: Internet lenders are often not the best places to go).
- To help you take action. It is my responsibility to help you get the information you need to write a contract. How many other offers are there? Why is the seller selling? What do the sellers want, and what would make your offer look the best and the most competitive while keeping the most protections in the contract for yourself? What do the disclosures say and mean?
- To use my expertise on contracts to negotiate the best terms for you – price, contingencies, time frame for settlement, etc. This can often be a stressful and emotionally filled period. It is much easier and more efficient for you to have someone to do the tough negotiating for you to see that your interests don’t fall by the wayside.
- To help educate you about the multiple financing options available and to help explain the tax benefits to buying a home or an investment property.
- Fixed or adjustable rate mortgages
- Interest only loans
- Construction, renovation and home equity loans
- Information about taxes and condo or homeowners fees
- The benefits and drawbacks of coops in comparison to condos
- How the prices in the neighborhood have changed over time
- Starker 1031 tax-deferred exchanges
- To make the process as worry free as possible for you by taking care of as many of the remaining details and paperwork as possible (from searching to settlement, for contractor work and recommendations etc.). If I was able to help clients successfully search for and buy a home while they still lived in France, I can certainly help others buy homes from long-distance, and can provide all support for my clients’ busy lives even when they are in town!
- To bring you the fantastic resource that is Compass. Compass is a wonderful company founded on giving quality support to both their agents and clients. We have fantastic staff support that allows us to focus our time and energy on the important business of our buyer clients.
- Lastly, you get MY tireless, honest and attentive support before, during and long after your buy your home or investment property!